The ideal collaboration between students? What does it look like?
I think the answer to today’s prompt could best be presented in a list.
- Students would be engaged. There would be no students sitting back and letting others do the work. All students would contribute to the project or discussion.
- The group would be made up of students with diverse backgrounds, abilities and needs. Each student would have something of value to contribute.
- The students would be able to moderate their own group. They would address areas of concern in the group and come up with solutions. They would not rely on a teacher to solve every obstacle they encounter.
- Collaboration would happen beyond the walls of the classroom. Using technology, collaborative groups would be made up of students from many schools and regions of the world.
- The students would realize that if they had worked alone they would not have been able to come up with all the ideas or create such an amazing product.